[OpenWrt-Devel] Phase2 packages buildbot has failed since the kconfig changes

Eneas Queiroz cotequeiroz at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 11:39:14 EDT 2020

Hi

On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 11:07 AM Hannu Nyman <hannu.nyman at iki.fi> wrote:

> Looks like the recent kconfig changes broke the whole packages buildbot.
>
> (For some weird reason, the arc targets succeed, but all others fail miserably...  )
>

> http://buildbot.openwrt.org/master/packages/grid
>
> http://buildbot.openwrt.org/master/packages/one_line_per_build
>

> Some of errors in the logs are possibly related to the TARGET_MULTI_PROFILE error preventing some default packages, and for that bug there is already a proposed patch.

This should be fixed with https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1268895/.
Tell me if it does not work.

> But most errors seem to be related to recursive errors inside the rather complex mac80211 wifi driver collection. I have a hunch that for buildbot the "treat recursive dependencies as warnings instead of errors" option (from 3204430e3 ) should be activated in the config binary, or alternatively some major work for re-organising the mac80211 submodule dependencies needs to be done.

Yes, I've added the WARN_RECURSIVE_DEP option to be used by the bots.
I wasn't sure if this option should be default or not.  My reasoning
was that erroring out would make it harder for new circular
dependencies to creep in, and bots could run with it on.
Clean the scripts/config directory with make config-clean (if bots
don't start with a clean slate), then add  WARN_RECURSIVE_DEP=1 to the
bots make flags.

Most of the time, the recursive dependencies reported by config the
ones causing the trouble.  It usually occur because some package
selects (DEPENDS= +<pkg>) another package that depends on another
symbol without either selecting the symbol (DEPENDS=+<sym> +<pkg>)  or
only selecting the package if symbol is on (DEPENDS=+<sym>:<pgk>).
The most common case is a package selecting a module that depends on
some global feature.  The ones I've fixed in 2e6b6f9fca ("kernel: add
@IPV6 dependency to ipv6 modules") had kmod packages selecting ipv6
modules without checking if CONFIG_IPV6 is enabled or not.