[OpenWrt-Devel] Any interest in a 'ct' iperf3?

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Tue Oct 29 02:14:12 EDT 2019

Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> [2019-10-28 14:42:32]:

Hi Ben,

> found and fixed a bunch of issues

apart from lack of time, do you've any other good reason to not upstream those
changes? :-)

> and of course possibly added some new bugs.

As always, those could be probably spotted by another pair of eyes during
upstream review process.

> Is there any interest in adding an iperf3-ct option to openwrt?

I can't speak for the rest, but from my point of view we don't need extra
package for that purpose.

>   * Support SO_BINDTODEVICE.
>   * Make sockets non-blocking to fix various ways the client and server can hang.
>   * Server will recover from client doing bad things or dying unexpectedly.
>   * Fix socket leaks
>   * Allow compiling for win32 using mingw cross-compiler.
>   * Report summary stats in all cases on both client and server.

Those changes looks like a good upstream material.

-- ynezz