[OpenWrt-Devel] EU feedback on "Upload of software on radio equipment"

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Mon Mar 11 15:58:07 EDT 2019

On 3/5/19 12:35 AM, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The European commission asked for feedback on the Radio Equipment
> Directive (RED) regarding the restrictions on "Upload of software on
> radio equipment"
>
> I posted here a comment in the name of the OpenWrt project:
> https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/better-regulation/initiatives/ares-2018-6621038/feedback/F240894_en?p_id=380919
> The deadline for comments was 4. March.
>
> Thank you for the help and also the others who posted feedback to the
> European commission.
>
> More details can be found here:
> https://fsfe.org/activities/radiodirective/
>
> Hauke

Hi,

Gareth Corfield from The Register asked about some more details about
this topic some days ago, which resulted in this article:
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/03/11/eu_directive_ban_rf_radio_firmware_tinkering/

My association in this article is still mixed up, I am from OpenWrt. ;-)

Thank you Gareth for the article and Max Mehl for the support.

Hauke