[OpenWrt-Devel] liblua vs. CMake

Karl Palsson karlp at tweak.net.au
Fri Sep 14 08:30:58 EDT 2018

Welcome to the joys of lua's packaging, not just in OpenWrt, but
across the bsds and desktop distros as well.

You need "lua" to find it for OpenWrt. (There will be only one
lua) On ~most recent distros, as you may have noticed, this will
however be lua 5.2 or 5.3. On those distros you need "lua5.1, or
lua-5.1 or lua51 to find it, if it's supported at all.

It _might_ be nice if OpenWrt moved everything to versioned lua
installs, it would reduce the patches on quite a lot of packages,
and pave the way for having two versions of lua installed, but
that's "not happening" anytime soon. In the meantime, you're
going to have a bit of a mess of "if it's openwrt, look for lua,
if not, look for lua-5.1 and friends"

Hope that helps,
Karl P