[OpenWrt-Devel] ath79 policy questions

Lech Perczak lech.perczak at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 13:12:59 EDT 2018

Hello Daniel,

Answers inline.

W dniu 2018-09-12 o 04:24, Daniel F. Dickinson pisze:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble finding a concise summary of what is the policy for
> using multiple leds for boot/failsafe, etc status (in this case
> updating CAP324 to use both colours of the 'power' led, now that such
> logic in in ath79 tree).
>
> Also are leds supposed to be named according to manufacturer or
> according to model number (presuming that for ath79 we don't care
> about using the same led names as for ar71xx)?
IIRC most targets use same names as for ar71xx. I'd go and review a few
other device trees for supported devices and check  that, to maintain
consistency across the target.

> Also pursuant to https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/1062 should
> CAP324 be DHCP or a static IP on it's only wired interface?  (It's an
> AP).
Since no decision regarding that PR was made by maintainers yet, I
believe the old policy is still in effect. I don't think that your
changes should depend on this one, and IMHO consistency is more
important here.

> Regards,
>
> Daniel

With kind regards,