[OpenWrt-Devel] [hostapd] AP+STA mode support in Upstream Hostapd

John Crispin john at phrozen.org
Wed May 30 02:14:02 EDT 2018

On 30/05/18 07:41, murugana at codeaurora.org wrote:
> Hi OpenWRT team,
>
> This is Sathishkumar working for ath10k WLAN driver and came across below
> OpenWRT hostapd/wpa_s patches which are added for supporting AP+STA mode in
> OpenWRT supported platforms.
>
>> https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/blob/master/package/network/services/host
> apd/patches/340-reload_freq_change.patch
>> https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/blob/master/package/network/services/host
> apd/patches/360-ctrl_iface_reload.patch
>> https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/blob/master/package/network/services/host
> apd/patches/370-ap_sta_support.patch
>
> Since these patches are not present in upstream hostapd, we see that during
> channel switch of root AP,  STA VAP of AP+STA mode device goes down since AP
> VAP is still UP.
>
> Above patches uses hostapd ctrl_iface to send STOP_AP and UPDATE commands
> from wpa_s for seamless channel change of AP VAP whenever there is channel
> switch on root AP side.
>
> We couldn’t find the commit message and author for these patches to check if
> these patches can be upstreamed. Do you have any plan for upstreaming these
> patches needed for AP+STA mode support ?
>
> Some patches have SVN reference which we are not sure how to check for
> knowing commit message and author. Can you please help here ?
>
> Our intention is to try upstreaming these patches either by checking with
> the author/s of patches or do ourselves if we at least know the commit
> message and author details.
>
> Thanks,
> Sathishkumar

Hi,

the original commit was

commit 35cdc5d722883cac8b524ea803ee7eedca844087
Author: Felix Fietkau <nbd at openwrt.org>
Date:   Sat Oct 23 23:39:54 2010 +0000

     hostapd/mac80211: implement support for AP+STA

     SVN-Revision: 23602

for future reference, you can use one of gits less known features to
track these down ...
git log --follow
package/network/services/hostapd/patches/340-reload_freq_change.patch

     John