[OpenWrt-Devel] [LEDE-DEV] Remerge logo ideas

Martin Tippmann martin.tippmann at gmail.com
Mon May 29 06:28:59 EDT 2017

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 12:11 PM, Jamie Stuart <jamie at onebillion.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> First of all, I’m glad to hear the process of remerging LEDE with OpenWrt is moving forward.
> For what it’s worth, if prefer the LEDE name (it’s friendlier - ‘leddy’ - and not tied to the name of an old router!)
>
> However, it seems the consensus is that the OpenWrt name should remain. I thought that maybe we should take this opportunity to at least give the project an updated look?
> Maybe a new logo? I’m personally not one for mascots, so I had a quick go at a few simple text-based designs:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/9zyXSYR.png
>
> What are you thoughts?

+1

The logo looks great. Is the used font free to use? There could be a
problems if it's a commercial font, depending on the licence?

Maybe LEDE/OpenWRT could create some minimal "corporate identity" like
some base colors and fonts that are used on all websites. I guess it
shouldn't more be than a few CSS rules but having a somewhat unified
look across all websites / pages is a nice thing to have. Arch Linux
is a good example, they also use Flyspray and a Wiki and gitweb but
have a similiar look and feel everywhere.

regards
Martin