[OpenWrt-Devel] Factory startup issues since mount_root / libfstools improvements in Chaos Calmer

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 08:10:30 EDT 2017

On 03/28/2017 03:26 PM, Smith, Pieter wrote:
> The refactoring in ba019965 eliminated an unneeded call to volume_find() when
> done() calls jffs2_switch(). Unfortunately the refactoring did not take into
> account that volume_identify() has side-effects with the mtd driver
> implementation and a second call to volume_identify() on the same struct volume
> may render a different result.

AFAIU this is about mtd driver, so volume_identify basically means
mtd_volume_identify.

Can you do some extra debugging for me and check which exact part of
mtd_volume_identify has this side effect? I don't see which part of this
function would affect volume identification in further calls.

This may be a bit tricky to debug as you can't call volume_identify inside (at
least without some recursive check). Can you handle this somehow?

I'd like to make sure I understand this bug fully before pushing a fix.

Also: which target uses jffs2 with ubi?!