[OpenWrt-Devel] Howto/advice: Patch for variant of hardware platform?

Dana Myers k6jq at comcast.net
Wed Feb 22 15:30:40 EST 2017

I'm working with the Onion Omega2, which is based on an MT7688 SoC.
The MT7688 SoC is a variant of the MT76xx family; in particular, it
shares the same SPI peripheral. Support for SPI is in ..../drivers/spi/mt7621.c

However, there's  bugs with the SPI in the MT7688 which require a patch
to spi-mt7621.c - and I don't know if the same bugs are present in the
other MT76xx family members. It is possible the other MT76xx SoCs have
the same hardware issue (I'd be surprised if not) but I can only test
the MT7688 I have.

I think I want to patch the source file only when building only the MT7688
target, but I'm not sure how to do that or if it's supported.

So I'm looking for advice on how I might incorporate this patch so
that it is only applied when building ramips/mt7688.

Thanks,
Dana K6JQ