[OpenWrt-Devel] [OT] Implemented: not an ML erase button but at least a rethink switch

Daniel Dickinson openwrt at daniel.thecshore.com
Tue May 24 23:54:23 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I've recognized I have to do something about my impulse emailing and
have just finished implementing a technical solution that requires me to
verify that really do want to send the mail, and verification can't be
done until a configured amount of time has elapsed.

Hopefully this will keep me from so much unwise/noisy mail.

If anyway else is interested, Ubuntu packages are available in my PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~dfc-d/+archive/ubuntu/misc

It's based on the msmtpq queuing scripts wrapped around the msmtp
send-only email client, acting as the 'sendmail' command, with the
addition of a command-line option --verify-before-send that if you
invoked as sendmail with that as the first parameter (e.g. from
Evolution), it queues the mail but doesn't send it, and requires you to
confirm that you want to send it, and then only after your configured
delay period has past.  System mails don't have the parameter so just
send or queue and automatically send as usual (assuming of course you
have configured /etc/msmtprc to use your email provider).

msmtpq-mta also supports per-user configuration and can use the gnome
keyring (that comes from the msmtp command).

If want to keep your normal MTA command and use the msmtpq command to
achieve this functionality you can do that as well, although you will
need to have a wrapper that sets the applicable environment variable to
enable the send delay.

Even if no one else finds this interesting, I know I needed it.

Regards,

Daniel