[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWrt / LEDE

Daniel Dickinson openwrt at daniel.thecshore.com
Tue May 24 20:57:12 EDT 2016

On Wed, 2016-05-25 at 08:45 +0800, Yousong Zhou wrote:

> > To a certain extent you yourself acknowledge individual opinion (with
> > you over a beer comment), but you seem to think that such a view of
> > individual opinions are not as valid in the public domain, whereas our
> > expectation is that it is just as valid in the public domain as in the
> > private.

> Let's just save such non-sense sense of culture and expectation
> discussion in another place.

The point was that Hauke is perfectly reasonable to expect that he can
speak for himself (if you disagree then it will negatively impact your
ability to interact well with those on this list), and that I was
attempting to point out to someone who appears to be from a different
country, where norms *really and truly* are different.  Failing to be
aware of, and prepared to find reasonable ways to deal with (even if
just pointing out this, this is what we expect, which is different than
what you may be used to expecting) people who have quite different
learned interpretations of interactions is to *deny reality*.

We live in a world where people don't all grow up with the same
playbook, and that means we're not even necessarily all trying to play
the same game, and being aware of this, and pointing out what game is
actually being played *is important to rational discourse*.

It doesn't mean we have to live by someone elses expectations (if that
was what you were upset about), but to deny that such things are true is
to fail to comprehend the world as it really is.

Regards,

Daniel