[OpenWrt-Devel] Add support for AVM Fritzbox 7360 SL

Sebastian Ortwein kron at animeland.de
Thu May 19 06:39:27 EDT 2016

Hey Christian

No you can use the avm bootloader. Uboot is not recommend because some
details about your Fritz Box ist in the AVM bootloader (macadresse,
eeprom wireless).

You don't need any extra hardware but you must find out the IP Adress of
your Bootloader in most cases it is 192.168.178.1. Here are some Infos
http://www.wehavemorefun.de/fritzbox/ADAM2_Shell. in FritzOS you can
find your variables in /proc/sys/urloader/enviroment.
I recommend a seriel cable to control the bootloader but you don't need one.
You have 5 seconds to make a ftp connection to your Fritzbox on boot.

Here are a short description
login to your fritzbox with

ftp 192.168.178.1
user: adam2
pass: adam2

now do the following commands:

passive
binary
debug 1
quote MEDIA FLSH

its time to flash your image to the box, use the squashfs image because
the jffs image will not work ! Don't override your bootloader or the
tffs partions !!!

put bin/lantiq/openwrt-lantiq-xrx200-FRITZ7360SL mtd1

after a time flash is ready an you can start restart your fritzbox with
openwrt.

Sebastian