[OpenWrt-Devel] USB Hotplug

John Crispin john at phrozen.org
Mon Mar 7 03:51:40 EST 2016

On 07/03/2016 09:47, Baptiste Clenet wrote:

>> On 04/03/2016 17:50, Baptiste Clenet wrote:
>>> We don't use the current tree but a version from November.
>>> You're talking about this changeset:
>>> https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/48749
>>>
>>> I will apply it and let you know if it is better.
>>>

>> yep, try adding that one please and see if that fixes the issue
>
> John, I chose Default profile for mt7688 board and it has built an
> image named "openwrt-ramips-mt7688-LinkIt7688-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin",
> so it used the LINKIT7688 dts instead of MT7628 dts.
>
> Concerning USB, I see the same behaviour, if the pendrive is plugged
> between the boot, it works and I can plug it in and out as much as I
> can, however, it the board boots and then I insert the pendrive, it is
> not detected (the pendrive's led switches on for 1/2sec and then
> switches off.

seen this before while building pcbs .. so my money is on the following
theory: your power supply is failing to provide enough current quickly
enough for the USB to come up causing OC protection or similar to shut
it down. check your supply voltage of the usb port with a scope and you
will probably see it breakdown after that 1/2 s

> Second question; I see you added the mt76 wifi driver which is great!
> Thank you for your work. I see the module added on the board, how may
> I up the wifi? (I didn't find any readme on github [1])

its a normal mac80211 based wifi so use the normal method. you will need
to add a eeprom offset to the dts file. either figure it out yourself
(look at how mt7620 based boards do it) or wait a few days till i had
time to update the lks7688 profile.