[OpenWrt-Devel] DD: CONFIG_BUSYBOX_DEFAULT_WGET is not set

Weedy weedy2887 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 08:32:11 EST 2016

On 22 Jan 2016 08:22, "John Clark" <inindev at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> yes, is was dropped with r48386 + 48379
>>> so it *should* be automatically work with wget -> uclient-fetch
>

> I have updated to the latest trunk commit where I see your /usr/bin/wget
-> /bin/wget patch.  I have updated the feeds and symlinks to the latest
and greatest.  The packages are currently not configured to build
uclient-fetch by default, so I manually selected it.

> My resulting build now has a 112,453 byte /bin/uclient-fetch binary and I
can confirm wget does work.  I guess the only thing left to do is to have
the uclient-fetch binary build by default.

> Question: The busybox binary (for me) goes from 366,401 bytes to 300,327
with the removal of wget from it.  Therefore, the uclient-fetch binary
swapout causes a 46,379 byte increase in size. I assume the desire to move
to uclient-fetch from busybox is for the SSL support?  If so, it still does
not support SSL without also building ustream-ssl.

> --John

This also seems to have broken ddns-scripts.
Or at least now I need full wget/curl to update dyndns.