[OpenWrt-Devel] DD: CONFIG_BUSYBOX_DEFAULT_WGET is not set

John Clark inindev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 08:21:26 EST 2016

>> yes, is was dropped with r48386 + 48379
>> so it *should* be automatically work with wget -> uclient-fetch

I have updated to the latest trunk commit where I see your /usr/bin/wget
-> /bin/wget patch.  I have updated the feeds and symlinks to the latest
and greatest.  The packages are currently not configured to build
uclient-fetch by default, so I manually selected it.

My resulting build now has a 112,453 byte /bin/uclient-fetch binary and
I can confirm wget does work.  I guess the only thing left to do is to
have the uclient-fetch binary build by default.

Question: The busybox binary (for me) goes from 366,401 bytes to 300,327
with the removal of wget from it.  Therefore, the uclient-fetch binary
swapout causes a 46,379 byte increase in size. I assume the desire to
move to uclient-fetch from busybox is for the SSL support?  If so, it
still does not support SSL without also building ustream-ssl.

--John