[OpenWrt-Devel] IGNORE_PACKAGES in scan.mk break out-of-tree kernel module builds

Daniel Dickinson openwrt at daniel.thecshore.com
Sat Jan 9 19:30:31 EST 2016

Hi Felix,

I have discovered that your recent patch for scan.mk to avoid
reconfiguration of base kernel modules results in failure (xxx is
messing dependency on <some_base_kmod>.ko) for at least cryptodev-linux
(kmod-cryptdev) and kmod-fs-exfat.

However, a patch I am working on that is aimed at the same goal, only
for any package previously built rather than just kernel, appears to
solve the issue.

Basically what I do is record the fact a package was previously compiled
during the base build and include that record in a directory of the SDK.
  Then by modifying metadata.pl I skip the KConfig section generation
but *not* the .packageinfo generation.

The problem is that without .packageinfo, important information about
dependencies is missing.

Regards,

Daniel