[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWRT reproducible build

Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE jmpoure at gooze.eu
Wed Mar 25 06:05:48 EDT 2015

Dear all,

This is a post for information.

I would like to point out this Debian Reproducible build project:
https://wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleBuilds
https://reproducible.debian.net/reproducible.html

IMHO, it would be a major improvement to be able to build the same
OpenWRT packages on different location.

The reason why I am rebuilding OpenWRT packages is that I don't trust a
remote buildtool to provide an effective solution.

Are OpenWRT builds reproducible? If we build on different hosts, does it
provide the same package with same sha signature? Probably not.

Any comments are welcome.

Kind regards,
Gnutella