[OpenWrt-Devel] MI424WR Rev I Hynix NAND Error

James Hilliard james.hilliard1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 13:14:53 EST 2015

I wrote the image to flash using tftp from uboot, I'm having trouble
isolating the cause of the ECC errors, what I'm not sure of is if
there's a quirk with the Hynix NAND that the Eon NAND doesn't have.

It would appear that the Hynix and Eon NAND chips are used
interchangeably for this router model(this was tested on 2 of the same
model where that appears to be the only difference), the odd part is
that the Eon NAND works without issue so I would assume that the Hynix
NAND is sensitive to a particular setting that the Eon is not as the
stock firmware does not appear to differentiate any settings between
the two NAND chips from what I could tell by looking at the stock
source code.

We tried changing the chip-delay parameter in the openwrt dtsi file to
match the GPL source
https://github.com/jameshilliard/actiontec_opensrc_mi424wr-rev-i_fw-40-21-18/blob/34b1f338344ebd36543c9fbcb4870bb6f6914cb8/rg/vendor/marvell/feroceon/linux-2.6/arch/arm/mach-feroceon-kw2/nand.c#L211
but that didn't seem to resolve the issue.

Would you have any suggestions on what I should try next or how to
debug this further?

Are there any non-standard settings in the GPL source that stand out
as needing to be configured in openwrt for this NAND chip to function
correctly?