[OpenWrt-Devel] Issue when creating rootfs images with parallel jobs

Michael Heimpold mhei at heimpold.de
Mon Jun 22 15:13:13 EDT 2015

Hi,

when I try to create a rootfs for my Duckbill device, I used to run
"make -j4 ...". The default configuration enables CONFIG_TARGET_ROOTFS_INCLUDE_KERNEL
because the bootloader expects the kernel image in the rootfs below /boot.

However, my problem is, that when running make with -j2 or more, then the ext4 rootfs
image does not contain the /boot directory and thus the kernel/dt binaries.
But this is not limited to ext4 images, the tar.gz variant of the rootfs suffers from the
same problem.
But everthing works as expected, when using "make -j1..." Then all images include the
/boot directory.
So I guess, this is a problem with the parallel jobs. Is there any chance to get this fixed?

Regards,
mhei