[OpenWrt-Devel] procd "reload" vs "reload_config"

Karl Palsson karlp at tweak.net.au
Thu Jun 11 11:01:53 EDT 2015

Hi,

I've got a procd init script that uses "procd_set_param file
/etc/config/special_config.json"  Now, maybe I shouldn't have a non-uci file in this directory, but that's what I've got, from a predecessor.  If I don't have the "procd_set_param file" line in the init script, then changing the special_config.json file and either "uci.cursor():apply()" or "/etc/init.d/myprog reload" won't restart the process, but it works "as expected" when the "procd_set_param file" is used.

However, this doesn't work with "reload_config" which seems to call "uci
show xxx" for every file in /etc/config.  Which is... not the same
thing?

Should these both work?  Should reload_config work for this case? or is
_only_ meant to reload based on uci config options?  I guess this helps when not all processes have procd init scripts?

I'm working on BB currently, but if the behaviour has changed in CC,
that would be good to know as well.

Sincerely,
Karl Palsson