[OpenWrt-Devel] Rate limiting features of the ag71xx hardware

Christian Lamparter chunkeey at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 6 08:42:30 EDT 2015

On Friday, June 05, 2015 02:18:22 PM Dave Taht wrote:
> TX delay setting? What else can it do?
Can't tell. Atheros' ethernet driver source is available
in the GPL source for this device (but I guess this is
nothing special. Version is: s17_ssdk_v1.0.4p1).

> My dream has been to find a way to set the tx completion interrupt
> to only return with a soft set rate. So if I had a gigE connection
> but my uplink was only 10Mbits, it would return the interrupt
> after 1.3ms had expired.
>
> this would let me get away entirely from using software rate limiting
> with htb, just program a register once with the uplink rate, and
> let bql and fq_codel handle the rest.
I don't know if the rate limiting implementation you describe would
be possible to implement or not. But, the vendor driver has some
code to setup some hardware rate limiting in "athrs_qos.c".

Regards,
  Christian