[OpenWrt-Devel] Why STA wifi interface shutsdown AP interface?

valent.turkovic at gmail.com valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 07:35:44 EDT 2015

> Because there is only one pysical hardware and the hardware can only be
> tuned to one channel. The STA interface needs to look for the channel
> the AP is on and as long as the channel is not determined we can not
> start an AP.

I think that all of us understand limitations of one physical hardware
interface. Still other wifi stack don't disable all interfaces if one
fails.

I would expect that if I set wifi to channel 8 (option channel '8')
that then both AP and STA wifi interfaces use that channel, and it is
know to both of them. If upstream AP for STA is not on channel 8 or
becomes out of range then AP interface still works.