[OpenWrt-Devel] firstboot aka jffs2reset - can this brick the bootloader?

Christian Beier cb at shoutrlabs.com
Fri Jul 10 07:16:04 EDT 2015

Hi list,

I've flashed yesterday's EnGenius EPG5000 image from
https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/generic/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-epg5000-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
which went fine. Thing is 'firstboot' in failsafe mode via telnet just simply
hang without outputting anything (erasing jffs2 in mounted mode seemed to work
fine). Now after reboot in serial console, I just get