[OpenWrt-Devel] netifd + split dns servers

Hans Dedecker dedeckeh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 03:48:59 EST 2015

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 5:43 PM, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
<n.mavrogiannopoulos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently a protocol can register a dns server with netifd using the
> proto_add_dns_server function. That however, does not allow
> registering a DNS server for a specific domain. I checked the netifd
> code and there is no provision for that. Would it make sense to add
> such functionality to netifd, or should I make openconnect directly
> register its split-dns servers with dnsmasq?
>
> regards,
> Nikos
Netifd writes the dns servers in /tmp/resolv.conf.auto which are read
by dnsmasq.
However I don't see a way to pass DNS servers for a specific domain
via the resolv.conf.auto file to dnsmasq unless changes are done in
dnsmasq.
If such functionality needs to be supported; the changes will not only
be limited to netifd.
And netifd rewriting dnsmasq.conf seems a bit hacky too me

Br,
Hans