[OpenWrt-Devel] lantiq v3.18

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Fri Feb 13 13:32:23 EST 2015

On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 09:23:16 +0100, Sylwester Petela wrote:
> PCI works, I have one more issue (present from 3.14 kernel) , unit will
> hang (without any errors in console output) when trying to reboot from
> cli/luci, but only when dsl_control is started at boot, without
attached
> line or with dsl_control  excluded from running on boot, everything
> works ok, even trying to stop dsl_control before reboot doesn't help.
> I'm thinking that dts for P-2812HNU has something to do with it, but I
> cannot trace it.

I'm not sure whether this is the same issue, but when I boot with the DSL
connected, it takes another five minutes after the console shows the line
"procd: - init complete -" before the DSL actually connects, and if I
type "time /etc/init.d/dsl_control status" after it connects and walk
away, it tells me it took twenty minutes to complete. This makes LuCI
unusable, because it tries to query the status every few seconds,
exhausting the RAM, which causes a reboot. This problem did not exist on
3.14, so I suspect it may be related to the kernel config.

I might not be able to test anything new till the middle of next week.