[OpenWrt-Devel] Recommended settings ip6 DNS server / dnsmasq

Steven Barth cyrus at openwrt.org
Mon Aug 17 14:32:26 EDT 2015

Hello Jean-Michel,

according to your Wiki-Entry stateful addressing does work,
no need to do anything with dnsmasq.

Quoting your ifconfig output

" addr inet6: 2a01:e35:87d8:xxxx::953/128 Scope:Global"

is clearly a stateful address (/128) and your host got the host-id
953 for stateful adressing. You should see the lease on the router
in the WebUi or under /tmp/hosts/odhcpd. There you can also see the
duid you need for adding the static lease.

At some point using the mac-address (option mac) should work here
as well but it might be broken currently. I will put it on my todo.

Nevertheless:

config host
        option duid '0012345678900...'
        option hostid 4