[OpenWrt-Devel] Recommended settings ip6 DNS server / dnsmasq

Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE jmpoure at gooze.eu
Sat Aug 15 07:41:59 EDT 2015

Dear all,

I currently writting a HOWTO for French Freebox users.
http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/freebox

We can obtain IPv6 address delegation an configure clients IPv6
staticly. We are using OpenWRT staging (latest dev).

What is the recommended way to serve ipv6 IPs to clients? I need to
serve at least IPv6 and gateway. I would like the lest intrusive
configuration, so we don't have to install additional packages.

My guess was to use dnsmasq, but according to documentation, it needs
to be uninstalled first, with installation of dnsmasq-dhcp6.

In the wiki example, my /64 delegation is 2a01:e35:87d8:xxxx (/64)
I would like to serve 2a01:e35:87d8::3 to my host called sony-vaio with
MAC 54:42:49:87:4f:74

So what would you recommend to serve IPv6s to clients?

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel

P.S. This post is a duplicate of:
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=59043