[OpenWrt-Devel] OnetSwitch FYI

Caleb James DeLisle cjd at cjdns.fr
Thu Apr 9 02:09:52 EDT 2015

Interesting, the ONetSwitch45 has 4 10gb SFP+ ports and 4 1gb eth ports
(plus 1 more direct to the ARM)

https://github.com/MeshSr/wiki/wiki/ONetSwitch45

They seem to be talking about a <1000$ price point but unsure of whether
they're shipping yet...

CC'd sales...
What's the price range and when is the target date for shipping ?

Thanks,
Caleb

On 04/09/2015 04:40 AM, Outback Dingo wrote:
> Just came across this on another list, looks interesting, thought some of
> you might  be interested,
>
> About this project
>
> As we all know, Raspberry Pi is an open source hardware computer, and
> Arduino is an open source hardware microcontroller. Where is the standalone
> open source hardware for networking without any PC support?
>
> The ONetSwitch project sets up an open source Software Defined Networking
> (SDN) platform that make it easy for you to create new network
> applications.
>
> What is ONetSwitch?
>
> Open Source Hardware
> ONetSwitch is a notebook-sized Quad Gigabit Ethernet Ports SBC based on
> Xilinx Zynq SoC, which combines the software programmability of ARM
> processors with the hardware programmability of FPGAs.
>
>> With a FPGA programmable accelerator (Efficient Bitcoin Miner System), five
> Gigabit Ethernet ports, Up to 3GB DDR3 DRAM, SATA connector, and Mini PCIe
> interface for WLAN Card (OpenWrt on Zynq).
>
> Open Source Reference Design
> ONetSwitch provides several reference designs available on GitHub. Each
> reference design consist of open source FPGA Hardware(RTL Code), Linux OS
> and open source software, sharing your mind and contribute to our community.
>
> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/onetswitch/onetswitch-open-source-hardware-for-networking

Satire is the escape hatch from the cycle of sorrow, hatred and violence. #JeSuisCharlie