[OpenWrt-Devel] mediatek mt7601u?

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sun Sep 21 17:19:26 EDT 2014

El 20/09/14 17:35, Luca Olivetti ha escrit:

> OK, it's a matter of adding -DRT_BIG_ENDIAN to WFLAGS *but* it still
> doesn't work: it progresses further (it reads most of the eeprom values
> correctly, including the mac, but a couple of values are still different
> from the laptop), but then it doesn't recognize the received frames and
> eventually the router reboots.
>
> I suspect that the driver hasn't been tested with RT_BIG_ENDIAN (in fact
> it hadn't even been compiled, since one of the structures was missing a
> ;) but it's too big a mess for me to follow.

I think found the issue: one bitpacked structure had to be reversed (I
don't understand why is it necessary since all bitpacked struct have two
symmetric definitions, one for big endian and the other for little
endian, but since the code did it for all other structures I tried to do
it for this one as well).

Now the interface starts correctly, I can scan for access points with
iwlist and associate to an open one with iwconfig (didn't test anything
more).

The problem is that, while the interface shows up in the luci interface,
I have can see no scan result and when I configure the essid and a wpa
passphrase it doesn't associate.

Does luci only work with interfaces that support iw (this one doesn't)?

Bye
--
Luca