[OpenWrt-Devel] mediatek mt7601u?

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sat Sep 20 11:35:43 EDT 2014

El 19/09/14 21:58, Luca Olivetti ha escrit:
> El 19/09/14 19:24, Luca Olivetti ha escrit:
>> I made an openwrt recipe but it doesn't work (I see the interface but as
>> soon as I try to ifconfig up it segfaults), I guess it's an endianness
>> problem (I also tried without the second patch, just in case).
>
> I'm almost sure it's an endianness issue.
> In the laptop dmesg I see
>
>  MAC[Ver:Rev=0x76010500]
>
> while in the router
>

>  MAC[Ver:Rev=0x00050176]

OK, it's a matter of adding -DRT_BIG_ENDIAN to WFLAGS *but* it still
doesn't work: it progresses further (it reads most of the eeprom values
correctly, including the mac, but a couple of values are still different
from the laptop), but then it doesn't recognize the received frames and
eventually the router reboots.

I suspect that the driver hasn't been tested with RT_BIG_ENDIAN (in fact
it hadn't even been compiled, since one of the structures was missing a
;) but it's too big a mess for me to follow.

Maybe I should ask on the linux-wireless list?

Bye
--
Luca