[OpenWrt-Devel] willing to donate a MTK MT7620A/MT7610E-based router to anyone who wants to work on one

Luis Soltero lsoltero at globalmarinenet.com
Fri Nov 21 09:50:34 EST 2014

Hello Rday,

you might check with the folks at asiarf.com.  We buy and use several MT7620A and N routers from them.  They all run CC
fine. Note that the DTS files for their eval boards are supported under the latest CC trunk.  Also note that you may
need to modify the stock DTS files to support additional IO functionality.

Good luck.

--luis

>   [apologies for sending to both lists, i wanted to make sure i caught everyone who might be interested; feel free to
> delete either recipient when replying.]
>
>   following up on my earlier pleas for help with getting openwrt onto *any* kind of mediatek-based router or eval
> board, i'm more than happy to buy anything appropriate and donate it to someone who's in a position to get openwrt
> onto it.
>
>   my latest attempt was with a d-link DIR-810L, for which it appeared someone had installed openwrt somehow, but i was
> unable to do it through the original GUI, and ripping it apart and connecting to the serial port did not give a
> reliable console port -- partial garbage, even though one could see valid output in the midst of all the garbage. (we
> tried every combination of baud rate, parity and so on.)
>
>   so, in short, i have yet to track down either an eval board or commercial router that incorporates the MT7620A SoC
> and MT7610E 5G radio chip and on which i can install openwrt that i build myself. bonus points if such a thing has a
> PCIe slot for a broadband modem, that would be delightful.
>
>   if you can help and want a free modem/eval board out of it, i'm more than happy to supply one in return for
> instructions on how to do this.
>
> rday
>
> p.s. if you're an openwrt hacker in the Ottawa area, that would be cool, too, let me know.

Luis Soltero, Ph.D., MCS
Director of Software Development, CTO
Global Marine Networks, LLC
StarPilot, LLC