[OpenWrt-Devel] Ethernet problems with trunk on brcm47xx

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 06:08:04 EDT 2014

On 24 June 2014 11:23, Paul Sokolovsky <pmiscml at gmail.com> wrote:
> config switch_vlan 'eth0_0'
>         option device 'eth0'
>         option vlan '0'
>         option ports '1 2 3 4 5'
>
> config switch_vlan 'eth0_1'
>         option device 'eth0'
>         option vlan '1'
>         option ports '0 5'

Your CPU port is untagged, it should be:
'1 2 3 4 5t'
'0 5t'
(without this CPU - or OpenWrt - doesn't know if the packet is coming
from LAN of WAN).

Also you may want to *not* use VID 0, which is a reserved value, see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.1Q

In other words... I suggest deleting /etc/config/network and rebooting
to let OpenWrt regenerate new one. Then you will have to simply
restore your changes (hint: ipaddr).

Older OpenWrt versions were using such a incomplete/invalid configs
that don't work anymore with BB+. So sysupgrade to BB is correctly
broken. I'll submit some RFC patch for it in a minute.