[OpenWrt-Devel] Netifd support for tunnels and address configuration

Baptiste Jonglez bjonglez at illyse.org
Thu Jul 17 22:19:52 EDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 06:28:09PM +0200, Hans Dedecker wrote:
> Hi Baptiste,
>
> I have added GRE support (gre/gretap/grev6/grev6tap) in netifd which I'm currenlty testing. The implementation looks the same as for 6rd/dslite tunnel interfaces (thus allowing to set mtu/ttl/remote end point); additonally it allows to set gre specific parameters (ikey/okey/iseq/oseq/...)
> I'm planning to submit the patches in one of the next weeks.

Excellent!  Do you have the patches available somewhere to test?  What is
your solution for {v4, v6} address configuration?

One problem I encountered with GRE is broken IPv6 link-local multicast,
for which a workaround could be needed (well, of course, it would be
better to fix it upstream).  Symptoms: "ping6 ff02::1%gre-tunnel" fails,
but after removing the link-local address and adding a new one, it works.

> Regards,
> Hans

Thanks,
Baptiste