[OpenWrt-Devel] directory completeness problems

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Wed Dec 10 03:03:47 EST 2014

>>>>> "John" == John Crispin <blogic at openwrt.org> writes:

John> On 10/12/2014 01:37, Russell Senior wrote:
>> I am also wondering whether or not OpenWrt should be using ubifs
>> (like for the generic NAND subtarget) for the Mikrotik subtarget.
>>
>> Thoughts?

John> yes, i have a mikrotik board on my desk already for this purpose.

I have zero experience with ubifs images.

What are the flashing steps likely to be?  The yaffs method involved
netbooting, and running wget2nand to unpack a kernel and tarball into
yaffs partitions.  What kind of flash preparation is needed for ubi?

How imminent is "on my desk"?  I have lots of half-done projects on *my*
desk! ;-)

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net