[VOTE] Switch 'master' to 'main' branch for repositories

Felix Fietkau nbd at nbd.name
Tue Feb 28 00:30:15 PST 2023

On 28.02.23 08:36, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
> On 28.02.2023 08:22, Felix Fietkau wrote:
>> Can we please stay on topic and have a simple vote?
>
> Maybe you missed that but it doesn't seem to be a simple topic.
>
> I don't even know how to deal with this voting. While formally it may
> be fine it seems *to me* that it wasn't even clear what are we voting
> about in a big picture.
>
> Trying to cut discussion and just push it forward sounds wrong to me.
> Are we really not supposed to discuss this?!
>
> I think there are many aspects to discuss and consider.
Allow me to clarify:

Different people in this project may or may not have different agendas
with this. Some may just want the branch change in general with a
growing consensus for a default change. Some may want to see further
changes regarding language use in the future.

This vote doesn't set the policy for anybody's particular agenda.
Voting yes or no on it doesn't imply that the project will be forced to
take further steps in a particular direction.

You're free to discuss the political side of course, however I think a
lot of the discussion around it has become very speculative to the point
of being counterproductive.

- Felix