[VOTE] Switch 'master' to 'main' branch for repositories

Paul Oranje paul at oranjevos.nl
Mon Feb 27 10:30:28 PST 2023

> Op 27 feb. 2023, om 15:44 heeft Imre Kaloz <kaloz at dune.hu> het volgende geschreven:

[snip]
> A lot of people had this mindset in the last century - we are lucky there were people against those ongoing "developments". It's really troubling to see even the descendants in Europe so quickly forgetting history.
This seems an unholy comparison. This issue about main or master - whatever opinion one may have about that - is just about whether we as a project will be sensitive to the feelings of (descendants of) people that suffered from slavery and for whom the word master carries an unpleasant connotation. A tendency among many projects that for the above reason avoid the use of the term master and following that development should not be compared with those that uncritically followed fascism during the thirties in the last century. So, even though abhorring cancel culture, I kindly and respectfully ask you not to make such a comparison.

Paul