[VOTE] commit access for Ansuel

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Wed Apr 27 15:24:45 PDT 2022

On 4/27/22 10:08, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sat, 2022-04-23 at 22:30 +0200, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> Ansuel works a lot on the IPQ targets. He also did the upgrade to kernel
>> 5.15 in OpenWrt. He also tries to get the kernel changes he does into
>> upstream Linux kernel. He is contributing patches since multiple years
>> to OpenWrt.
>>
>> We are currently lacking people working on the IPQ targets, I think
>> Ansuel would be a good addition to our team.
>
> +1
>
>> Voting is open until 15/05/2022.
>
> As an aside, I generally heckle my American colleagues for giving dates
> in the US local mm/dd form. They are ambiguous and non-inclusive. I
> should be fair and heckle you for it too :)
>
> The mm/dd and dd/mm dates started to become obsolescent the moment it
> became possible to conduct written communication between Europe and the
> US in less time than it takes a steam ship to physically cross the
> Atlantic. Let's stick with the ISO standard YYYY-MM-DD :)
>
> Even purely within Europe, using the dd/mm form of dates is problematic
> because it's *still* often ambiguous — because we Europeans are still
> inundated in with dates in the US mm/dd form by crappy software, crappy
> web sites, and crappy people :)

Hi David,

You are right, I also have this problem sometimes at work. Next time I
will write the month in full like 15. Mai 2022, that is not ambiguous
any more. If you want it more confusing we can use calendar or work week
like WW20/1 for the first day in week 20. ;-) I do not know if this
would be the same date, it depends on when your first week of the year
is and when the first day of the week.

Hauke