[VOTE] commit access for Ansuel

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Apr 27 01:08:03 PDT 2022

On Sat, 2022-04-23 at 22:30 +0200, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Ansuel works a lot on the IPQ targets. He also did the upgrade to kernel
> 5.15 in OpenWrt. He also tries to get the kernel changes he does into
> upstream Linux kernel. He is contributing patches since multiple years
> to OpenWrt.
>
> We are currently lacking people working on the IPQ targets, I think
> Ansuel would be a good addition to our team.

+1

> Voting is open until 15/05/2022.

As an aside, I generally heckle my American colleagues for giving dates
in the US local mm/dd form. They are ambiguous and non-inclusive. I
should be fair and heckle you for it too :)

The mm/dd and dd/mm dates started to become obsolescent the moment it
became possible to conduct written communication between Europe and the
US in less time than it takes a steam ship to physically cross the
Atlantic. Let's stick with the ISO standard YYYY-MM-DD :)

Even purely within Europe, using the dd/mm form of dates is problematic
because it's *still* often ambiguous — because we Europeans are still
inundated in with dates in the US mm/dd form by crappy software, crappy
web sites, and crappy people :)