OpenWrt Donation Campaign

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Sun May 30 06:56:07 PDT 2021

Hi Pono,

> On May 29, 2021, at 11:49 AM, Daniel Pono Takamori <pono at sfconservancy.org> wrote:
>
> Hey everyone, I'm Pono and I'm the new project liason and community organizer
> at the Software Freedom Conservancy.
> This leads me into the second point of getting together to plan a fundraiser.
> Is this thread a good place to start the conversation or is a new thread
> preferred?

I'm glad to have you on-board. I am taking the liberty of starting a new thread for this conversation.

I think the first step would be to decide on the goals of the campaign. Let's construct an annual budget:

- Expense of infrastructure. You indicate that it's about 300€ per month, or 3 600€ per year

- Allocation for annual conference. In 2019, we held a fabulously useful conference in Hamburg. I would hope to do it every year (now that we can actually see people in-person.) OpenWrt paid for the venue, attendees paid for their lodging and meals. I would guess that it cost 3 000 € for that conference. (Others - please correct my guesstimate)

- SFC contribution: I imagine that SFC gets some amount/percentage for its services. I have no idea of the magnitude.

- What else? Other services/expenses? Again, I have no idea.

Thanks.

Rich