[vote] release OpenWrt 21.02 with additional SELinux SDKs and IBs

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Mar 18 08:24:51 GMT 2021

What does the support experience look like?

For an end user for whom something is failing due to an SELinux
denial... what do they see in the logs? Are they supposed to
*recognise* the typical audit logs and realise that they need to file a
ticket, and/or set SELinux to permissive mode until it's fixed?

Where do they file a ticket? Are the SELinux "team" going to handle
those, much as the owners of the selinux-policy package tend to in
Fedora? Or do they end up at the door of random package maintainers,
who will have very little clue how to handle them, and very little
inclination to care?

Or are we not actually talking about *enabling* SELinux in any default
builds just yet, and merely providing the tools so that sufficiently
clueful developers can *start* to build it and develop policies, and
maybe in a year or three we'll be able to talk about enabling it by
default (or through luci without having to rebuild for it), and *then*
we get to have the discussion about support?