A new 'main" branch with different history than 'master' ????

Hannu Nyman hannu.nyman at iki.fi
Sun Feb 28 02:24:26 EST 2021

I just noticed that the main OpenWrt repo has now a new "main " branch in
addition to "master", and that those branches have a different commit history.

The last common commit is
464451d9ab kernel: no chacha-mips.ko on mips32 r1 targets

The new 'main' has then this by dgolle:
620fff9838 tools: add cpio

while the normal 'master' continues with this committed by Adrian:
598de0f41c kernel: move some new symbols available on 5.10 to generic

If there is some intentional movement from master to main, it should be
communicated and coordinated. But I do not remember seeing any such
announcement. Is something like that in the air?