T-Shirts with OpenWrt logo

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Thu Jul 23 04:37:04 EDT 2020

Alexander 'lynxis' Couzens <lynxis at fe80.eu> [2020-07-22 16:37:14]:

Hi,

 (disclaimer, everything bellow are ballpark figures).

> as well how we finance it.

I'm toying with following ideas:

 1. Join venture project with entities using OpenWrt commercially

    Killing two birds with one stone. Raise money for the project, have
    t-shirts for contributors as by-product. This would mean company logos on the
    t-shirt (at the back) with gold/silver/bronze (different position, dimensions)
    pricing tiers.  Say we would like to do 2000 contributor t-shirts, each would
    cost about $10 including shipping/handling (if we optimize upfront well), this
    would mean $50.000 fund raising ($20.000 for t-shirts and $30.000 for the
    project).

    Project gets money, contributors t-shirts and commercial entities
    visibility/advertising.

 2. Raise money with official project merchandise

    Create and sell official project merchandise like t-shirts, stickers etc.
    to raise the money. Part of this money could be then used to finance such
    projects (if we agree on that first via voting of course).

    https://forum.openwrt.org/t/official-openwrt-merchandise-t-shirt-phase-1-3-ideas/55373/10

-- ynezz