Release roadmap? When should we expect 18.xx release?

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 10:36:01 EST 2018

Hi Jo,

Thanks for this update - all good news. A couple minor thoughts:

1) Is Spectre important for LEDE? (What is the threat model?) Given the short delivery window, a switch of compilers does seem risky. It's simpler (from a publicity/marketing/mindshare point of view) to say, "The first 18.x does not address Spectre" and focus on getting the remediation into the next release.

2) Given the target delivery date of 31 March, is there any value to waiting a day, and naming the first release "18.04.0"? I always wished that we had named our first release 17.02.0, since it didn't hit the streets until mid-February...

Thanks to all for this good work.

Rich