[OpenWrt-Hackers] Talking points about project merge at OpenWrt summit

David Lang david at lang.hm
Tue Oct 24 20:22:33 EDT 2017

On Wed, 25 Oct 2017, Zoltan HERPAI wrote:

> Hi Hauke,
>
> On Wed, 25 Oct 2017, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
>

> Sounds good to me. The bugtracker is/was an open question I recall as well,
> but that's just a small detail. Also, users might ask whether the CC (or even
> BB) source will be available, we should make sure it does. There were users
> complaining about "git history being rewritten" (cherry-pick, anyone?), I
> also expect that as a question when the git trees will be updated.

remember that since the split happened after CC was created, it is available
intact in the lede repo. It's only the (relatively small) number of commits that
happened on the openwrt side that are affected.

So it's more a rollback to a common point and then move forward than a rewrite
of history.

David Lang