Remerge coordinator required

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Mon Oct 16 17:26:17 EDT 2017

On 10/16/2017 08:00 PM, Stijn Tintel wrote:
> On 03-10-17 18:31, Stijn Tintel wrote:
>> Since both projects have different IRC channels, we need to decide on a
>> mapping. Here's my suggestion:
>>
>> #lede-dev -> #openwrt-devel
>> #lede-adm -> #openwrt-adm (new)
>>
>> As we aim to be as open as possible, I suggest we drop the
>> #openwrt-hackers channel, and redirect that to #openwrt-adm as well.
>> Finally, with the objective of joining
>> http://oss-security.openwall.org/wiki/mailing-lists/distros, I suggest
>> to have #openwrt-security, limited to people with commit access.
>>
>> I would like to move forward with this ASAP, ideally close to the time
>> the 17.01.3 binaries have finished building.
>>
> Final proposal:
>
> Keep #openwrt as is.
> #lede-dev -> #openwrt-devel

I think one channel is sufficient, I prefer the lede version with only
having one channel for general discussions.

> #lede-adm -> #openwrt-org
> #openwrt-hackers -> #openwrt-sec (restricted to ppl with commit access only)

I think a closed IRC channel is not needed, but a closed mailing list
would be nice, to also communicate about NDA stuff (like what I am
currently doing with the German BSI) and not public know security
problems (when someone of us is on the Linux distribution security
mailing list).

> To whoever can fix me the required privileges on Freenode to get this
> done, please have these privileges assigned to my account "stintel".

Hauke