[OpenWrt-Hackers] Remerge coordinator required

Zoltan HERPAI wigyori at uid0.hu
Mon Oct 2 15:53:26 EDT 2017

Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
> On 10/02/2017 05:01 PM, Alexandru Ardelean wrote:

>>> Hi Jo,
>>>
>>> thanks for the mail, I feel the same way. I wish I had the time to take care
>>> of the remerge, but i am unfortunately head under with work and real life
>>> atm. Hoping that one of the many folks that took such a big interest in the
>>> remerge will step up and start making it happen.

First of all, thanks for adding openwrt-hackers to the thread, so we
could also be aware what's going on. ;)   It was actually You guys who
wrote last week that You had some internal conversations about how the
merge tasks would be handled (after a month of all being quiet), and
said that You're trying to find the time to think it through. I think
the merge discussions did include the admin stuff not being invisible.

>> Not that I am saying that I am eligible for this.
>> But I am interested in the remerge.
>>
>> What is entailed to doing the re-merge ?
>> Maybe a "Job Description" would help.
>>
>> AFAICT, it's:
>> * renaming the current OpenWrt to OpenWrt_old,
>> * renaming LEDE to OpenWrt
>> * diff, port stuff from OpenWrt to LEDE
>> * rename  lede-project.org to  openwrt.org
>> * redirect lede-project.org to openwrt.org
>> * diff old infrastructure with new infrastructure, and see what
>> remains & how to do a "old-page old links thing"
>>

> Sound good.

+1 here.

>> Btw: it may be that this email is disregarded by lede-adm, since I
>> don't think I have rights to send to it.
>> But hope this helps a bit.
>>
> I would like to take care about the repo merge.
> I will go trough the OpenWrt git repository and look for stuff that is
> not yet in LEDE. If I think it looks good I will merge it into the LEDE
> code base, otherwise I will provide a list with all the commits I think
> we should discuss.
>
> Is that OK with all of you?

+1 here, if You want to take care of it.

> For actually moving the repository I would need some help, but I can
> coordinate that.
>
> How will take care of merging the websites?
> Imre wanted a different website design, but I am unable to do such
> stuff. I do not care about the design, but I like that it is a wiki.

We (Imre and me) will try to hunt down someone who can do some clever
CSS and stuff.

Regards,
Zoltan H