Planning v17.01.2

Jo-Philipp Wich jo at mein.io
Wed May 24 16:34:20 EDT 2017

Hi,

I'd like to start preparing the v17.01.2 release during the upcoming
weekend with the goal to release final binaries within the next week
(~May 29th till June 3rd).

Changes that shall be part of 17.01.2 should be merged until Sunday, the
28th.

You can find the current list of changes since v17.01.1 at
https://lede-project.org/releases/17.01/changelog-17.01.2

The most notable change is a security fix affecting the builtin dropbear
SSH server. While the default configuration does not appear to be
vulnerable, we still should provide updated images as soon as possible.

If you want specific fixes cherry-picked/backported to lede-17.01,
please mention them in a reply to this mail.

If you have any objections to the release time frame, please speak up

Like with the last 17.01.1 service release, there is no dedicated RC
phase planned.

Thanks,
Jo