[TODO] release considerations

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Fri Jun 3 08:27:41 EDT 2016

On Fri, Jun 03, 2016 at 10:45:07AM +0200, Vincenzo Romano wrote:
> > * decide which targets to include
>
> I'd suggest for a survey or some other information about popularity.
> It sounds useless at this stage to cover architectures that weigh less
> than 5% to 10%.

I reckon the << ar7/ac49x >> can safely be phased out. I didn't manage
to boot anything recently on my MP-202 rev. B03 device... If I still
get to test John's staging tree which includes the bump to kernel 4.4,
I'll let you know.
<< oxnas >> generally works fine apart from a weird bug preventing the
NAND from being discovered and the chip probed at least on some
Pogoplug devices. The issue might be probing-order or pinctrl related,
I hope to figure it out in the next weeks somehow.