LEDE/OpenWrt merge discussion

Felix Fietkau nbd at nbd.name
Fri Jun 10 09:17:21 EDT 2016

Hi all,

The discussion regarding a merge between LEDE and OpenWrt seems to be
heading nowhere at the moment.
I've been talking to mbm and he asked me for more specific ideas on how
such a merge could actually happen. In an email to the list, Zoltan also
asked for our specific terms and wishes for a merge.

Considering the significant progress that we've made on the code, our
infrastructure and governance, I believe that a merge with OpenWrt needs
to use all of our work as a starting point, specifically our codebase,
governance rules and infrastructure and admin access policies.

What other topics/issues do you guys think are essential to consider
when we approach the OpenWrt team for a new attempt at settling this?

- Felix