[TODO] release considerations
john at phrozen.org
Fri Jun 3 04:34:24 EDT 2016
slowly starting to prepare the release. what is left todo ?
* finish the multi profile support (mostly complete)
- update remaining targets to the new image building code
- move profile definitions into the image makefiles
- create build artifacts with target/subtarget/profile/name mappings
* decide which targets to include
- omap (?)
* update remaining targets to v4.4
- most mayor targets are updated already
- IPQ needs some loving care
- au1000 (v4.4 fails to boot, volunteers ?)
- ar7 (v4.4 compiles but testing pending, volunteers ?)
- gemini (awaiting patches from roman)
- ixp4xx (volunteers ?)
- neoraider reports ath9k being reliably unstable
- ath10k stack traces
- mt76 sta mode
* a name
- keep the year.month.minor pattern ?
- do we want codenames ?
* finish the image testing feedback UI
- early alpha version should be online in the coming days
- requires feedback / testing
* diffconfig build artifacts as part of the default build
* gpg signage of images and package lists
* ipv6 issues
- 6rd regression v4.1->v4.4
- wan6 used to work with @wan syntax but breaks for pppoe
- option ipv6 1 vs option ipv6 auto vs ...
- cold boot causes duplicate subnet delegation
- luci vs stacked ipv6 setups
* set a ETA
- do we want to fork or call for a feature freeze and stabilize in trunk ?
What else ?
More information about the openwrt-adm